So as you guys probably know, I travel a TON! Between visiting family, weddings and vacations I feel like I’m always on a plane, train or road tripping! It can be stressful at times, but I am so grateful for it. Over time, I’ve learned to pack right and especially when it comes to staying healthy during my travels. I’ve nailed down the things that I actually need and use during my travels without overdoing it. We gotta flexible while traveling, but it’s also important to be prepared. The below list is what I always bring in my bag and why! Hope these help you next time you are jetting off.
- NUT BUTTER SQUEEZE PACKS – I am obsessed with these especially on the go. I eat them plain, I eat them on my yogurt, with crackers, and on fruit. Having them with me is key. I love wild friends and Justin’s packs.
- COLLAGEN TRAVEL STICKS – I take collagen daily for my gut health, protein (full profile of amino acids) and to keep my hair, skin, and nails healthy and strong. It’s as easy as pouring it into your morning coffee (or matcha) on the go. I love Vital Proteins brand and the best part is that it tastes like nothing.
- BARS & SNACKS – Plane snacks and airport snacks are usually sugar bombs. Plus, they are expensive! I love having a good stash of my fave clean bars to enjoy. My fave bars include Health Warrior Chia Bars (code SARI20) – my fave flavors are strawberry shortcake & cookie dough, Health Warrior Pumpkin Seed Protein Bars and Go Macro bars (if I need something more substantial). I also love bringing raw nuts, Made in Nature “pops” and their coconut chips. I also like to travel with hard boiled eggs too if I have time to prepare and sometimes they even sell them in airport kiosks.
- FACE WIPES – I love having face wipes with me to refresh after a flight or drive! Feels so good. My faves are Everyone products and Simple Skincare. They don’t burn my skin!
- REUSABLE WATER BOTTLE – I get so thirsty on planes and I hate waiting for the flight attendants to come by my seat for water. Note – do not bring a straw-based water bottle on a plane. The pressure builds up and it can explode when you open it. It’s happened to me on a plane and it’s so embarrassing! I’m all about my glass water bottle by Soma Water. I have the mint green one and it’s gorg. I also have a Healthy Human Life waterbottle that I love too.
- BOOTY BANDS – This is the easiest and most mobile piece of fitness equipment you can bring! It’s amazing how good of a workout you can get just by using one of these. Depending on my schedule, I can use these to do an in-room hotel/Airbnb workout or take it with me to a hotel gym. You can find youtube workouts just with a band!
- SUPERFOOD PACKS – Chia/Flax/Hemp seeds are such a good way to get in healthy fats, protein and omega 3s. I call them the trifecta! They have so many essential nutrients that are sometimes hard to get in when traveling. I literally bring packs of these seeds around with me and put them on everything. I love the Simplified Superfood packs and recently discovered the Careof/ chia+flax packs too (code: EATWELLWITHSARI25). I mix it into yogurt and sprinkle on my fruit and salads too.
- FANNY PACK – seriously I am so happy these are back in style because they are my fave accessory to travel with! My fanny is perfect for city exploring and nature adventures. I’m obsessed with my Lululemon one. They are hard to find. I recently got one in camo that’s adorable. I also have a grey one that I gave to my mother in law. I wore it every single day on my most recent trip.
- PODCAST / AUDIOBOOKS / BOOKS – When I know I’m traveling, I save up some of my fave podcasts episodes. They help flights go by so quickly and keep me entertained. Some of my faves are – Diet Starts Tomorrow, The Balanced Blonde Podcast, Goal Digger Podcast, Almost 30 Podcast, Skinny Confidential Podcast, Freckled Foodie & Friends, and more. Also, if podcasts aren’t your thing, audiobooks are another great thing to listen too. I’ve recently downloaded “Girl, Stop Apologizing” by Rachel Hollis, “The Four Agreements” by don Miguel Ruiz, “Where the Crawdads Sing” by Delia Owens and “Becoming” by Michelle Obama.
- ESSENTIAL OILS- I never travel without Peppermint Halo by Saje Wellness. It helps with any physical pains and soreness that I get when sitting on flights in my neck and low back. It also helps me with headaches that I sometimes get when flying.
- SUPPLEMENTS – The ones I mostly travel with are Probiotics, Digestive Enzymes, Multivitamin / Prenatal and Magnesium. Depending on the time of year and what I’m going through, I may bring more or less. But for the most part, this is what I bring. Probiotics and digestive enzymes to keep my gut health in check while traveling. A multi/prenatal to the cover bases and magnesium helps with sleep. I don’t travel with CBD because it makes me nervous to bring to the airport. The laws are always changing.
- REUSABLE UTENSILS- I LOVE my portable bamboo fork, knife, and spoon. It helps me reduce my plastic intake on the go. This has become increasingly important to me as I’m trying to reduce my waste.
I hope this list helps you when preparing for your next trip! If you have any fave things you travel with to stay healthy on the go, leave them in the comments.