We have lived here for nearly 2 months now and hands down my favorite thing about being here is THE FOOD! Enjoying the amazing food that this city has to offer is on the top of our list for our time here. I love my healthy food spots, but seriously the food scene is incredible and I am enjoying all the things! No regrets over here! Chicago, I love you.
We have only scratched the service of exploring this town of INCREDIBLE FOOD and we cannot wait to keep discovering more spots. I plan to update this list throughout the year. If you have some MUSTS for us, send me a DM on Instagram @eatwellwithsari.
- True Food Kitchen – A healthy sit down spot that has a few locations in the country. The menu changes seasonally too and they have great healthy cocktails. My fave dish is the ancient grains bowl and the fish tacos! Also, the summer Kale Cobb is amazing.
- Real Good Stuff Co – This place is my go to. The one in River North has a hot food bar where you can make amazing bowls, get a killer avocado toast as well as a smoothie / acai bowl bar. PLUS, it is the home of Noyo Froyo which is an incredible vegan soft serve.
- Fare Chicago – Fare is a fast casual “build your own bowl / salad” spot with super gourmet, seasonal goods! They also have amazing baked goods. It is located in the Wells St Market.
- SweetGreen – The OG salad bar. I will always love it there. The summer peach and burrata salad is heaven.
- Dirty Root – New farm to table fast casual spot in the west loop. Food is excellent, but be weary portions are a little small.
- 3 Greens Market – Incredible salad bar, hot bar, coffee bar and small cheval located in an adorable settle. Great place to work! They brew metropolis coffee and have doughnut vault goods!
- The Little Beet Table – Great healthy sit down restaurant. The sweet potato fries are heavenly.
- Left Coast Food – another fast casual healthy eats spot with amazing smoothies. I get the fairway and greens smoothie with no agave. I also love their avocado toast.
- Ema – Mediterranean small plates with lots of seasonal goods. Super veggie friendly. My fave falafel is from here! Also, you must indulge in the sticky date cake. We have gone back to get it a few times… even without eating dinner there.
- Aba – Sister restaurant to Ema. Similar menu, but located in an incredible space in the west loop!
- Monteverde – Best meal I have had in Chi so far. It is Italian. Think hand made pasta and simple dishes that will blow your mind. We got in by some miracle, but you need to book in advance for sure. Or be prepared to wait. The burrata app is heaven and so were the scallops and the cacio e pepe. It’s all amazing.
- Etta – Italian spot located in Wicker. We loved the pomodoro pasta and summer squash pizza. If you’re feeling it, get the coffee tequila shot.. it comes with a birthday cake macaron!
- Sushi San – Elevated sushi. LOVE the spicy edamame.
- Duck Duck Goat – Gourmet Chinese food located in Fulton market. There were a lot of veggie options, but if you enjoy Duck, I hear its TDF.
- Girl and the Goat – Owned by the same chef as Duck Duck Goat. It has a super unique menu with tons of adventurous food. Worth a trip!
- Machine – I went for brunch, but hear the dinner is also great. It is located in Wicker park and in a beautiful space. They also have a full functioning florist shop in there and they can come to your table. Very cute!
- Giant – Prob our number 2 meal since moving here. It is located in Logan square – but it is worth the trip and the wait. It’s farm to table, seasonal and also super unique.
- Galit – Incredible Israeli food. The dips were out of this world, and the PITA!
- Somerset – Gorg restaurant in the Viceroy hotel. Small plates, American style! We LOVED the ricotta dumplings, the smoked beet tartare and the scallops.
- The Publican – Amazing for dinner and brunch. It is meat heavy, but there were tons of options for me. Best roasted carrots I have ever had AND the smoked salmon toast for brunch is TDF. Oh, and the coffee cake.
- Gilt Bar – Romantic, moody Italian / American spot in River north. I have been a few times, but not since moving here this summer. Can’t wait to go back.
- Bar Ramone – Wine lovers tapas bar in River North. Small, but very cute. They have a very creative taste on Patatas Bravas.
- Cabra – New spot in the Hoxton Hotel in West Loop. We went for drinks and apps. The Ceviche was amazing.
- Cafe BabaReeba – Another fave from last summer! Can’t wait to go back soon. It is spanish tapas!
- Pacific Standard Time – Another one of our top dinner spots we have gone this summer! Incredible Californian style food! Every single dish was outstanding. We loved the shishito peppers, ricotta dumplings, and black cod.
- RPM italian – pretty fancy / posh Italian spot, but the food was amazing. Great spot for seafood and pasta. Has a bit of a upscale steakhouse vibe too.
BRUNCH: we haven’t been to too many brunch spots since moving here. We have been cooking brunch mostly and going out for dinner. More to come on this.
- The Allis – Classic brunch spot in the soho house in west loop. Known for stacked avocado toast!
- Goddess & the Baker – Order at the counter type of spot with an adorable setting on the river. Love the Avocado toast and salads.
- The Publican – if you are into a super rich, gourmet brunch spot this is for you. The omelet and smoked salmon toast was insane.
- Machine – great summer brunch spot! They have a huge patio. Also highly recommend the grilled cheese.
- Noyo Froyo @ Real Good – I have literally gone 3x a week since moving here. The best vegan soft serve I have ever had.
- Bombobar – Super decadent yeasty donuts! They also have amazing gelato. Located in west loop.
- Jenis Spendid Ice Creams – A few locations in the city! One of the best ice cream spots ever – up there with Salt and Straw! I love the “brown butter almond brittle” and “sea salt caramel with chocolate flecks”.
- Firecakes Donuts – Amazing classic for donuts and coffee.
- Doughnut Vault – Another amazing donut spot!
- La Colombe – Get the black and tan with oat milk on ice. I get it with more “black than tan”.
- Fairgrounds Coffee + Tea – They brew some of the top coffee roasters in the country here at their brew bar. They have Stumptown! Roasts change all the time.
- 3 Greens Market – One of my faves for a local coffee and work spot.
- Collectivo Coffee – I love working from this spot. I am actually writing this from Collectivo as we speak. I buy their beans (Ethiopia Blend) and roast them at home. Great patio and food too! There are locations in Wicker and Lincoln.
- Caffe Streets – Located in wicker Park coffee shop. Great patio!
- Limitless Coffee – Love their matcha latte! Also a great place to work, very airy and clean.
- Sawada Matcha – They make an epic military latte – mix of matcha / coffee.
- Metropolis Coffee – I love brewing these beans too. They are a local Chicago roaster.
- Stumptown Coffee Roasters – My fave Portland roaster in the Ace Hotel Chicago, located in West Loop. Love working there too!
Places we want to go:
- Big Star Taco
- Core Juice Bar
- Lyfe Kitchen
- Yuzu Sushi
- Cafe Robey
- City Mouse
- Uncommon Ground
- Velvet Taco
- Beatnik Chicago
- Flora Fauna
- Cira Chicago
- Happy Camper
- Saint Lous Assembly
- JoJos Milk Bar
- Fat Rice
- Longman & Eagle
- CC Ferns Coffee Shop
- Ingrained Chicago
- Hi Vibe Juicery